Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

The Sun has a rather odd story, which Davide has pointed out to me...

''Clarke fails us
CHARLES Clarke is getting away with murder.
The Home Secretary is willing to insult the bereaved dad of a 7/7 bomb victim, but he won’t lift a politically-correct finger to protect us against killers.
On his watch, police are slow to arrest, prosecutors won’t charge, and judges won’t jail villains.
Even when a rapist or murderer is locked up, he is out again after serving half his time...''


Hum. I can assure you that I am in fact, alive, though not very well. I have a croaky voice and a bad cough and a high temperature. Perhaps someone has tried to prevent me from giving testimony at the London Assembly 7 July Review Committee hearing tomorow by maliciously sneezing on me? But their dastardly plot has failed: I and other survivors will be speaking out, nothing will stop us, just bring on the Lemsip Extra...

And I am writing my testimony now. It is hard going. But if I can do anything to help save a life, or spare future suffering, or even just get those in charge of responses to atrocities and aftermaths of terrorism to up their game a bit, then it will be worth it.

P.S: Note to anyone from the media reading this *( and I have had 5 calls already today) : Sorry. No, we are not doing a press conference or any interviews: we're giving testimony in public, for the sake of the public, watched by the media, and 200 people. That is hard enough, that's enough. Please don't badger us, it is going to be a bloody tough day as it is, and after we have done it, we just want to go to the pub and look after ourselves and each other, privately. Thank you.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel

Know that for every person that thinks this is a conspiracy, there are 2,3,4 or more that support you, and the other people affected by any terrorist attack.

You have my support

To you, and to all the people giving testimony, may you have the strength you need.

Best wishes

March 22, 2006 2:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark Twain time - "Reports of my death have been greatly exagerated" etc...

Don't blank the media too much - they can get very nasty if they feel that you are not feeding them.... bit like having a pet wolf.

The Anon

March 22, 2006 2:43 pm  
Blogger Nosemonkey said...

Good luck, old girl - as I'm sure you know, try and avoid too much opinion or they'll dismiss your testimony out of hand...

March 22, 2006 2:53 pm  
Blogger Davide Simonetti said...

I hope you're feeling better. Try do get as much sleep as you can before tomorrow. Sounds like you'll need your stregnth. I wish you all the best of luck and I'll be thinking of you.

xxx

March 22, 2006 3:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home