Sunday, March 26, 2006

Time for a break

I'm off to see my parents soon, and I'll be resting up and not blogging for a bit. Yesterday, when things finally started to happen for survivors, and Friday when Matthew Norman in the Independent came out in support of my dad, gave me a huge boost.

I am really, really proud of how we are all making a difference and people's voices are being heard. Thank you to my fellow passengers, and thank you to my friends and readers and to all the people who have supported me. Lots of you have told me to take a break, and I intend to, now.

I feel that I can stop, because finally we have finally got somewhere and all this effort is now having results...

My dad has had an apology from the Home Secretary, and we are meeting him about why no 7/7 Public Enquiry
At last, *many of us survivors have had a letter with expressions of 'heartfelt sympathy' from the Secretary of State, and a survivor meeting to ask questions ( *if you were on the bombed trains or bus on 7/7 and have heard nothing and want to go to the meeting with the Secretary of State, contact the 7 July Assistance Centre 0845 054 7444)
5 key actions (following the survivor testimony) from the Met police,
Lots of media coverage and hopefully, therefore, more understanding of the plight of the silent thousands with PTSD and no help following 7/7.

At last I feel like I can stop. Breathe. Time out to recover. Back blogging soon, I hope, but for now...

Good night, and good luck.

19 Comments:

Blogger Ally said...

It is brilliant that things are moving along. Have a good break - you deserve it.

March 26, 2006 11:46 am  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Amen to that!
Wishing you a healing time which will restock your reserves.
God Bless!

March 26, 2006 12:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breathe .....

Spring has finally arrived, and by the time you return to London your bronchitis, and the winter, will have flown.

But, later, please keep us updated on the Assembly, your dad (go Rev. North!), Mr Clarke, and the inquiry Oh, and that novel. And Miff's Campaign for Early Dinner.

Iain

March 26, 2006 1:56 pm  
Blogger Davide Simonetti said...

Have a really good rest. You're right about this being the time to take a breather. Things have built up a momentum of their own now and stuff is starting to happen. I wish you all the best and hope to see you on-line again in the not-too-distant future.

Dx

March 26, 2006 4:49 pm  
Blogger Holly Finch said...

perfect timing honey....take a break on a high....we are being listened to at last...hurrah!

take good care of yourelf...you deserve heaps of self indulgence.

The daffodils are out and life is blooming again
xx

March 26, 2006 7:18 pm  
Blogger Bumble Bee said...

Have a lovely time away hun.
Run long warm baths, breathe in the fresh air and smile at our progress.
I will say a little pray tonight for your first step to recovery darling.
xx

March 26, 2006 10:29 pm  
Blogger Bridget said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

March 26, 2006 11:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Rachel
Have a good break. My thoughts and prayers are with you - I hope this will be a time of healing. Do hope to read your writing soon again, though. Thank you for your courage

B

March 27, 2006 12:48 am  
Blogger Zhoen said...

Oh, a good start.

March 27, 2006 1:23 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

Right, Bridget Dunne, if you care to look you will see nothing on this blog referrring to the fact that I am still not able to log into the conspiracy theorist forum to defend myself against pages of ill-informed lies and personal attacks on me , from the likes of you and your conspiracy theorist pals...I have removed all mention of it, as I shall remove you and anyone else who pops up here cliaming it was a psy-ops, no bombs, the Governemtn bnombed my train, aliens or Zionists or lizards or Loch Ness monsterrs or any of the other fantastical nonsesne you lot peddle.


I will not bother defending myself against the likes of you anymore, it is simply not worth my time. Feel free to bar me and delete me, as I shall be doing the same to you.


I don't want your comments on here, or any comments which I believe to be spiteful and untruthful & are not welcome. Malicious comments & spite will be deleted. Bye Bridget! And good luck with the research!

March 27, 2006 9:10 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

And thank you everyone else,
it is a glorious sunny day at last and I have had a good nights sleep, and no nightmares!

Huarrah!


My mum sends her love to all the nice readers of this blog! xx

March 27, 2006 9:11 am  
Blogger R said...

Hurray for a good night's sleep!

You might also try investing in a "dreamcatcher", which one of the Native American tribes invented as a device for keeping away nightmares. Plus they look really cool hanging up on the wall!

March 27, 2006 10:46 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

You were all so brave to speak at the meeting... this is the perfect time for you to really recharge your batteries.

All the best.

March 27, 2006 11:00 am  
Blogger Clare said...

Enjoy your break Rachel and hope the weather picks up a bit.

March 27, 2006 12:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi rachel,

youve done your share..and far more...since 7/7..its time to take a breather and let someone else pull the load.

go take a week with j out in the countryside somewhere,itll be the best thing for u.

seth

March 27, 2006 2:40 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

March 27, 2006 5:46 pm  
Blogger Ceridwen Devi said...

Breathe on, sister, breathe on. Enjoy the break.

March 27, 2006 10:11 pm  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Go and refuel.
And ENJOY!

March 27, 2006 10:14 pm  
Blogger Station Supervisor said...

Good to see your still going strong.

Keep up the good blog work and enjoy your well deserved rest.

March 28, 2006 10:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home